Wedding bells, everywhere! And wait, did you get an invitation? Well, we already feel that wave of excitement! Everything you have heard about an Indian Wedding—events spanning multiple days, exotic destinations, sizeable guest lists, and the burst of colors—is true. The celebrations are larger than life, whether the venue is the bride’s backyard or a private island.
As a wedding guest, the thrill of attending the nuptial along with the pre- and post-wedding functions can have you instantly perked up. And then follows the most exciting yet baffling question-
“What will you wear for the occasions?”
“What will you wear for Indian Wedding?”
“What will you wear for Indian Wedding Reception?”
“What will you wear for Indian Wedding Party?”
Though there’s no restriction on what to wear at an Indian wedding, you might face issues while choosing the Perfect Indian Wedding Guest Outfit considering the different customs and rituals in Sikh, Hindu and Muslim weddings. The challenge here is that you have to look good while keeping up with the dress code of Indian weddings in different cultures.
Empress Clothing is here for the rescue with this guide on Wedding guest outfits for Indian Wedding Ceremonies for all types of weddings including Sikh, Hindu, and Muslim weddings.
The choices are endless; however, we have curated some trendy Indian wedding guest outfit ideas for you to opt for this season. Have a look.
The right Indian wedding dress for a female guest
Before you make any decision on what exactly you’d wear, keep a few Indian wedding wear etiquettes in mind:
- Go for the theme! There might be several events you’d attend as part of a single bridal ceremony. Prepare for them accordingly. Your Indian-American friends are more likely to have wedding functions that are more familiar to you. You’d only need to think about the precise outfit when it's a traditional ceremony representing their faith as Hindus, Muslims or Sikhs.
- Showing your legs or too much of cleavage in an Indian wedding ceremony whether it’s Hindu, Muslim, or Sikh is not considered good while you’re free to show off your belly which is exposed in most of the traditional Indian outfits.
- You would also need to cover your head for certain rituals at the wedding where the dupatta or drape/veil comes in handy.
- Some people believe that wearing black and white for an Indian wedding ritual is inauspicious but it doesn’t hold true for most of the Hindu and Sikh weddings. Instead, a lot of brides and grooms are choosing to wear white as their wedding attire these days. For Muslim weddings, it might apply to certain groups of people so you can avoid these in that case.
- While in Hindu and Sikh weddings, all colors of the rainbow are accepted in addition to white and black. For Muslim weddings, bright green and pink are most favorable as they are considered auspicious.
- For a Sikh wedding, wear something that won’t restrict your movement when you need to sit on the floor folding legs like a tight or small outfit would do. Sikh weddings generally occur in their place of worship which is a gurudwara that might require you to sit on the ground for a long period of time.
- You’d be dancing, sitting, and standing for long periods of time depending on the kind of event so it's utmost important that you’re comfortable in your wedding attire.
- Nothing is too much. If you like to get all decked up for parties, this is your chance! You are free to wear heavy jewelry and do a lot of makeup for the event as that’s how everyone is seen in Indian wedding parties. You can wear a bindi with your Indian wedding outfit to complete the look.
Wedding Guest Lehengas
If you are aware of Indian fashion, you know the relevance of lehengas in Indian weddings. It’s generally what the bride wears. It’s the best outfit to be worn to an Indian wedding as its suited to the etiquette of Indian weddings.
Add an adolescent burst of color to your outfit by donning this extraordinary green color lehenga choli made of georgette material embellished by gota patti, sequins, and thread embroidered work all over. Wear This Lehenga for Sangeet or Mahendi Event & Be the Center of attraction.
Sharara Outfit Ideas for Wedding Guest
While lehenga is the primary dress for Hindu and Sikh weddings, a sharara should be your first choice for a Muslim wedding. These days they are equally popular for Hindu and Sikh weddings due to their beauty and convenience.
Attract compliments by adorning this Maroon Wine shade sharara suit in faux georgette material embellished with beautiful embroidery work. You can wear this beautiful & lovely sharara dress for pre wedding events such as Mahendi or Sangeet or Dholki Night.
The eye-catching Prussian Blue, Georgette-tailored, Peplum style attire features beautiful sparkly but subtle embroidery all over as seen in the picture for that fantabulous look. Peplum is the new trend nowadays, wear this peplum designed sharara dress for your next Indian wedding event.
This set is crafted from a beautiful georgette top with all over zari and mirror work embroidery detailed with gotapatti lace work paired with equally embellished georgette plaited sharara bottom and georgette butti and border enhanced dupatta. Wear this Yellow Sharara for the Haldi Event. This is perfect for haldi ceremony.
Jacket Style Indian Dresses
Jackets are capable of elevating the beauty of any outfit and make for a great attire for winter weddings. They eliminate the hassle of carrying a drape with any Indian inspired dresses for wedding guests to give comfort with style.
Style and design and trend could be at the peak of your attractiveness the moment you attire this green fancy fabric jacket style lehenga suit. Wear this trendy style lehenga suit with jacket for any Indian Event.
A timeless classic, this embroidered jacket-style net suit in dark purple color. Intensified with intricate dori and stonework embellishments all over. Wear this attractive jacket style salwar suit in any event you attend.
Bring back the traditional charm to your closet with this exceptional wine color lehenga made of georgette material embellished with jacket sequins and zari embroidery work all over. Trendy Jacket Style Lehenga is Best Modern Solution for Modern Young Girls to complete their Desi Look!
If you’re wondering where you can get all these outfits from, check our website - empress-clothing.com. And if you have a better idea of what you’d want to wear for the event, get it customized from us!
That’s all from our side. We want to hear from you now. What ideas of wedding guest dresses do you plan to try this season? Tell us in the comments below!